Thursday, July 28, 2011

My Running Partner

For most of my running ‘career’ (if you call it that) I would hit the road solo at the wee hours of the morning.  This caused minimal to no disruption to my family and I returned before anyone opened their peepers.  I enjoyed the time alone without the pressures of holding anyone back or having to wait for someone.  Now those times have changed.  I have a running partner.  But it’s a good thing.

1). She’s ready to go when I am.  I don’t have to wait around for a phone call, or meet at some remote location. 

2). She’s okay with the fact that my shorts don’t quite fit well enough for prime time or my shirt is too clingy around my midsection. 

3). I don’t need to worry about my post-race stench.  I’m not sure she even notices. 

4). I’m not pressured into keeping up the small talk, but she’s open to any discussion I have to offer. 

5). My pace is perfect, no matter how slow or fast; My distance is perfect, no matter how short or far.  She does, however, seem to notice when I cash in that much needed walk break.

281391_2250946158682_1399102154_32685512_6144527_n

No comments:

Post a Comment