Thursday, July 11, 2013

S’chwerty Cray

Last week, we vacationed in OBX.  I had the lovely opportunities of getting in three decent runs and taking a vinyasa yoga class.  The yoga class kicked my butt more than the mileage – just like every run is different, so is every yoga pose.  I woke the next morning so sore in my torso.  Must have been from all the extra twists.  Regardless, I like being a little sore.  It’s a nice reminder of where I’ve been.  So, I spent a lot of time relaxing and now I’m back to reality.  This reality slapped me in the face on Tuesday.  I have no idea what the hell happened, but before I knew it I was sitting at my kitchen table, having just devoured my dinner, with a slamming head ache.  That night I slept.  Wednesday was a little more reasonable in terms of stress, but I picked up a neck strain along the way requiring ibuprofen, massaging and BioFreeze (my friend).  I also slept my face off that night. 

Today.  Today is Thursday.  AMEN.  Today should provide a little more relief.  My meetings, for one reason or another, are being moved or canceled.  I’m anticipating a fairly light day.  Hopefully, this gives me time to catch up on stuff. 

Today.  Today I sit here, drinking my coffee as I let the BioFreeze do it’s thing, looking towards the weekend. 

Today.  Today I sit here knowing that my neck needs to get under control as I have a race on Sunday. 

Today.  Today I sit here ready to tame the beast I lovingly call my ‘heaven and hell’. 

After this week, this short week, I’m going to eat the shit out of those hills for breakfast.  Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment