Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Swanky Shack

Over the past few weeks, I've briefly noted my lack of writing.  Not everything I write winds up in this stupid blog; but even my sweet notes and self memos have been missing from my life.  So, I said, I note this inactivity and push it further back in my cluttered mind.  Today, I feel as if I've been giving the illusion of a well presented home with disorganized rooms.  Work is crazy, I'm closing in on the end of week 4 in my marathon training, summer has unofficially kicked off and I gave up alcohol.  My legs are always freshly shaven and I try my darnedest to shape my eyebrows with my $30 tweezers in an effort to save the trip to the salon.  Yes, I could use a drink and maybe a dye job, but I refuse to spend 3+ hours every six weeks for a fab fix.
Here I sit on my couch with legs propped on a mid-week rest day.  My coach gave me two choices today: 1). Follow a light run/yoga plan or 2). Take a day of rest.  I opted for the prize behind door #2 and rocked the hell out of it.  I might go so far as to call this a 'breakthrough workout'.  Oh, and yea, I did hire a coach.  Remember that goal of running the LVHN Marathon for Via with a Boston qualifying time?  Yea, I said that.  This marathon is important enough that I wanted more professional guidance.  I did not want to spend my energy on managing a training plan.  In this scenario, I do what I'm told.  Don't get used to it, though; there's a first time for everything.  


No comments:

Post a Comment