Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Friendly Reminders

I can’t take credit for the title, but I do take credit for the thoughts surrounding it. 

I’ve actually been reminded a few times, both personally and by friends, that I haven’t blogged in some time.  I’ve been writing a pregnancy series for Lehigh Valley Running Scene and put all my ‘creative’ energy into those articles.  I don’t want to copy those articles into this blog for fear of repetition with my hybrid audience.  I guess it’s just laziness.  Nevertheless, I discovered a myriad  of other gentle reminders the past few weeks that I’d love to share with you.

  1. My Dorney Park thermal mug has a slight taste of lemonade; a perfect reminder of summer.
  2. Amazon e-mailed me yesterday informing me that my pre-ordered book by Kristin Armstrong had shipped.  Already forgetting that the book was on the way, I was reminded today of my purchase when I discovered the package in my mailbox!
  3. I am pregnant; six and a half months to be exact.  Lately, I have been reminded of the following:
    • some people don’t ask to touch your belly
    • some people are afraid of pregnant women
    • some people look at you funny
    • some people look at your belly first, then look into your eyes
    • some people won’t permit you to lift ANYthing
    • some people have no problem telling you how big you look
  4. My daughter just turned three, solidifying the fact that time really does fly.
  5. Pizza gives me heartburn, yet I had it for dinner tonight. 
  6. My last book prompted me to investigate meditation…again.
  7. Little children are amazing. 
  8. Non-alcoholic beverages are overrated.
  9. This morning’s treadmill program was a reminder that I am not that fast anymore.
  10. I need to call my long distance friends to catch up and check in.
  11. One of these days I’m going to take a deep breath and completely unplug…just for a little. 
  12. I don’t need a vacation – a different perspective will do just fine.

What have been your gentle reminders?

1 comment:

  1. I wake up with a stiff shoulder every morning...reminds me I'm getting older, yet I'm in better shape than I was 5 years ago.

    I spend more time with my family (including the long distance ones)...making me appreciate the time I have left with them, because I finally had a living will and health care power of attorney written.

    ReplyDelete