Thursday, November 27, 2014

Give Thanks, Drink Coffee, Go Streaking


Today is day one of my run streak.  I planned to hit the road with a few of the Crazies somewhere between 7 - 7:30 am, a 'late' time for us.  My mini-me stumbled into my room sometime after 6 am hysterically recounting a dream about spiders.  I scooped her up and walked downstairs.  I settled her on the couch with a snuggly blanket before making 'holiday' coffee — sweet with sugar.  The Crazies, two of whom would be running for the first time post marathon, and I opted to meet at 8:15 am for an easy run.  I spent the extra quiet time evaluating a fitness management profile which would help form a training program for a 'potential' client.  I quickly made a grocery list (read: procrastination), got changed (damn, where were my gloves) and trudged through my driveway's snow.  I caught a ride with one Crazy; my car started making an awful sound (think: tines of a metal fork scraping a blackboard), so it was in my best interest to not drive my car.  Following a round of Thanksgiving hugs, the virgins and I sprung into action slightly diverting ourselves from the usual route.  
We talked, we breathed, we cautiously navigated traffic and slushy intersections.  We managed to crank out five easy miles.  After another round of hugs and well-wishes, we parted ways to spend the holiday with our families.  I'm thankful for the time we were able to spend together.  The run, as always, was both physically and emotionally therapeutic.

It's a blessing for us to be together on the run and a blessing for me to come home to my family.


Happy Thanksgiving, Turkeys!


No comments:

Post a Comment